Happy seventh anniversary

Before the Mast!

Welcome

Peace with Spain was signed in February 1720. In late April its news arrived to the West Indies, so all the Navies got allied against the common foe – pirates, making their trade more difficult to survive. Which side are you on?

Be ye a pirate, a naval officer, a slave or a lady, you will find a place aboard one of our four ships or live on a paradise island. Men aboard any ship are strongly recommended as first characters, and civilians as secondary ones. No more female sailors are allowed.

We are not the usual sandboxy RPG, neither a narrative-driven one, but a story-focused writing community where each actively writing character can make a difference and an impact on the overall plot. We are writing collaboratively a coherent story with many sideplots aside of it. We also have guides to help you with the time setting, and are more influenced by historical events rather than following them by the history books!

This website looks best in Chrome and Internet Explorer. Firefox may distort some images.

Navigate

TIME STAMP

Command

Elena - Fleet Admiral
Mascha - Fleet Admiral
Alecto - Pilot

Spotlight

Port de Paix dwellers

The inhabitants of Port de Paix, a French colony, are now busy with celebrating Saint Jean d'Ete and a wedding among the highest nobility. Time for everyone who happens to be in Port de Paix to know them better… and to add your personal flavour to the holiday!

Social

Affiliates

Click on our button above for the affiliation thread!

Historical Affiliates
Prose The Vale The Creed.online  photo Aff_Banner_zpsr4rgj8cu.jpg deadmentellnotales AoI Mini Banner

Historical fantasy affiliates
STORYBROOKE MAINE Warlands

Affiliates
Bloody Dices Witchlight The Next Incantation

Vote for us
Forum Roleplay RPG Initiative Topsites RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Protection Software Licenţa Creative Commons

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) LockedNew TopicNew Poll

Revelations From A Rum Bottle, Nathanial
Sebastien Durand
 Posted: Mar 1 2017, 07:31 PM

sailor on the "Rising Sun"

Date: 23-rd to 24-th of June 1720
Place: - Basse Terre, Tortuga, on the beach,
not so close to the Festival Fire

- continued from here and here -

Sebastien had watched Sabelline make her way back along the beach towards the crowd and the path that would take her back up to the town and eventually the Elixir. Part of him had wanted to go with her, make sure she was safe, but she had specifically told him not to. It was a struggle to sit back down on the soft sand, but he finally managed it. He had to let her try and find her own way back to strength. Regular meals and rest over the past few days had done her much good but he could tell she had over-extended her reserve and was exhausted. There were enough friendly faces around he had to trust she would be fine getting back. Even if she wasn't well-known, he was and there were enough who would know she was his sister. His need to protect was strong but he knew her ire at being coddled would be stronger. A deep breath in and out followed by a deep swallow of the rum helped him relax once more.

Looking over at Nathanial he tried for a grin but was sure it fell a bit flat. “I'll be fine.” He assured the younger man. “My reason is catching back up with me. It just took a few moments.” Resisting the urge to look back up the beach, he instead lay back on the sand and looked up at the stars. “Things will settle down more with time, I know. Maribel has told me a few times now. I don't know who was the bigger mess when we first returned from the prisoner exchange. I'm sure some would say I was.” He propped his head up on an arm and motioned for Nathanial to sit next to him. Another drink of rum and he set the bottle aside for a bit. ”I suppose I just have never dealt truly with my own trauma from the incident. I hid it by shoving it inside a rum bottle. Now I am having to face it and it feels a bit overwhelming at times.”

It felt natural to talk to Nathanial, more so than even talking to Sol or Maribel. Those two had their own things to be handling and he didn't feel like burdening them further. Nathanial however was his oldest remaining friend and showing his wounds to him felt natural. Nathanial had been there for him in his darkest hour and a bond had formed that even having been separated for years hadn't dimmed. ”I will get there again, just as she will. I have faith in her ability to heal and bounce back from this. She's more resilient than she gives herself credit for. Truth be told she reminds me more of our mother now than she ever has.”
pm   email   
^
Nathanial Bretagne
 Posted: Mar 1 2017, 10:21 PM

sailor, HMS "Sovereign"
Group Icon

Nathanial waited patiently for his friend to finally rest after Sabelline had left them. Somehow, he understood the feelings of a protective big brother. And he listened quietly to Sebastien's confessions.

"I don't think you were a mess. The mission had succeeded, you had your sister back after so many years. I know she couldn't look good after everything she had been through. However, being free was the first step to recovery. In these few days, she had taken a few more steps in the right direction. Surely everything will be fine."

His final words sounded a little different. It wasn't as if he doubted what he was saying; he believed all his words. Just that there was a slight bitterness of the realization that Sebastien and Sabelline were a team. They had always been two siblings, caring one for the other. The fact that he was alone in the world was biting a little. And the quantity of rhum ingested added to the feeling of saddness.

Then, Sebastien had told him the real reason why he had been a mess, and it made sense.

"We are all trying to hide what's worse in a bottle of rhum. But ultimately we wake up and we find things exactly how they were before. In your case, better than before, because now you are with Sabelline. And both of you are resilient. It's just one of the thing I like at you."
pm   
^
Sebastien Durand
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 11:06 AM

Sebastien felt a smile tug at his lips at Nathanial's words. He hadn't missed the slight bitterness in his tone earlier either. He'd address that as well. "You are sweet. Completely and utterly biased, but sweet all the same." He teased. "Also don't forget, I have you back with me as well. You too have shown your resilience. You have made it this long in the Navy and even done well. Proven yourself a stronger man than I am for being able to walk that line. I could never do it." He spoke the truth and the tone of his voice would easily convey that. The short time he was on the Sovereign he'd been sick no less than four times from his nerves being in overdrive. It had helped his cover story but also could have just as easily blown his cover.

"Sometimes we wake up and find things worse than before. I've done that as well more than I'd care to admit to. Trying to drink away guilt doesn't work. I felt guilty for not saving her, sacrificing myself, trying harder to find her...." He sighed out harshly and shook his head. "Had Sara not come back with the news she had, would I have even thought to ask for her in the exchange? You had told me she'd been transferred, so I knew, but where was all of that in my thoughts? So much of that hit me in those first moments." He took a drink of his rum then, letting all of this out had opened the floodgates. He was just drunk enough that what filter he might have had was completely gone.

"She was so weak. They told me she refused water the entire ride and flinched when a guard so much as twitched. As they were getting out of the carriages she collapsed." Execution or not she probably wouldn't have lasted another six months the way she was going. "We barely got her out in time. Had you not told me about her, then Sara....I would never have been in on what we did to get them back. I know I came through in the end and got her freedom secured." He looked very serious as he spoke. "I will do the same for you. We will watch and wait and when the time is right to make it look natural we will get you out of your prison. I promise you."

Just as quickly as the serious mood had settled in, it was gone. A grin spread across his face again and it turned impish. "You said one of the things you liked about me. That must mean there is more. Color me curious. I've got to know now." He arched a brow and sipped at a bit more rum. “Out with it, Nathanial darling. What else do you like about me?” Playful Sebastien was back and in full force.
pm   email   
^
Nathanial Bretagne
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 01:22 AM

sailor, HMS "Sovereign"
Group Icon

Nathanial smiled back. He might be biased, but he enjoyed Sebastien's presence and his compliments. His friend further praised him for his own resilience.

"I had no alternative than doing it," he said modestly.

In his mind, there was no sweeter words, no sweeter music than I have you back with me as well. He nodded that trying to drink away guilt or sorrow didn't work. He had tried it to, enough times.

"You couldn't know it made sense to ask for her until you learnt the details. It is all right. Everything is all right. She is here and you will never be separated again," he tried to comfort Sebastien.

It was normal to be worried about his sister, who had endured so much. Then, he got reassured that he would be reunited with them soon too.

"I believe your promise," Nathanial said simply, his eyes meeting Sebastien's with childish trust. "And I am looking forward to being by your side …forever."

So Sebastien was curious what Nathanial liked at him.

"Everything!" he replied promptly. "Now I can't remember what I liked first at you then, seven or eight years ago. I guess you have a natural charisma, how the officers are saying. Afterwards, knowing you better, I love everything at you."
pm   
^
Sebastien Durand
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 05:59 PM

Sebastien couldn't refute the claims Nathanial made. Hell he had told himself the same thing over and over since that moment but it seemed to take others telling him that. Most notably Nathanial. Hearing i from him made it seem more real, in a way he couldn’t do it for himself. He relaxed visibly and took a drink of rum while he watched the younger man as he spoke. It would seem they both believed each other. It was a promise made under the stars on a night for promises, he hoped this one he'd be able to keep.

Laughter was the only way to respond to being told everything about him was liked. A natural charisma? Yes he'd been told that, usually when such had been to his detriment. "That charisma you speak of has gotten me into more trouble than I think it ever got me out of. My uncle often told me that my father was like me when they were younger. It's what made him such a successful merchant and in the early years a well-thought of pirate captain." It had only been after his mother's death that he'd turned into something else. Something frightening. Sebastien wondered now if that would be his fate were he to lose someone he had fallen in love with? Maybe that's why he never allowed it? He shook his head to clear those dark thoughts.

After a sip of rum he spoke up again. “I still have my ship. Well mostly. She's not in good shape anymore I'd wager. She took heavy damage as well they day Sabelline was captured. I've considered repairing her and have saved up a fairly decent sum of money to resupply and repair her one day. Maybe after we secure your life away from the Navy we could repair her together.” He wasn't sure about how reclaiming the Rising Sun would go. If they were successful he'd offer himself and his ship as a sister ship to them. He knew however that they were going after the ship soon. So much could happen. He'd probably be best to make a map and eave his money and instructions with Sabelline before they sailed for that confrontation. He knew well enough to prepare for the worst when heading to battle and he was certain there would be one.
pm   email   
^
Nathanial Bretagne
 Posted: Apr 28 2017, 01:01 PM

sailor, HMS "Sovereign"
Group Icon

Sebastien admitted he had been told before that he had his own special charm, which had got him into trouble.

”You are too, a successful merchant when you want to be, Gerard, and a well-known pirate, Sebastien,” he said each name as he was known by. "And even the mermaids fall under your charms,” he winked, alluding at his shipwreck stories... not to mention the more recent gale washing out.

As Sebastien mentioned his ship, Nathanial’s heart started dancing loudly.

”I’d love to work together at her. There might be good ship carpenters in Tortuga too. Unfortunately I don’t have savings, I am living mostly day by day. But how much I would like working and sailing with you!”

A new swig from the bottle sealed his words, and new dreams started building in his mind.
pm   
^
Sebastien Durand
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 04:33 PM

Sebastien chuckled again and nodded. "Perhaps you speak true. I do heave a tendency to get myself out of most of the trouble I get myself into. I'm not sure I'd call Gerard successful, at least in his current iteration. He has been before though. They all serve their purpose. Keeping my hide intact first and foremost." He silently toasted that and took a drink of rum. He was pleasantly warmed by it now. The previous Sebastien would have said it was a slow start to his night, but since breaking much of the cycle which made him try to drown his skeletons in a barrel of rum he was more responsible with it. Something surely his liver appreciated. Well what was left of it.

"Ah yes, living day-to-day. Such is the life of an honest sailor. Luckily for both of us I am far from honest in the way I make my own living." He winked at the younger man and gave his best roguish grin. "She won't be an easy fix, but I don't think I'll mind. The company looks like it will be most enjoyable. I can probably get a few people around here to help. Depending on how things go with recovering our ship of course. The amount of repairs she needs and when we spring you free from the Navy all play a part in this. I'm sure everything will fall into place as fate wills it though."

He couldn’t know what horrors awaited him on the upcoming venture, nor how much his renewed relationship with Nathanial would tear him to pieces. Right now all that mattered was the beach, the company, and the wonderful night of dreaming about a future that didn't tear his heart out and make him question why fate had it in for him. He took another long drink from the bottle, and turned his gaze up to the stars. "Sabelline and I used to stargaze when we were kids. Have you ever been told the stories behind the constellations?"
pm   email   
^
Nathanial Bretagne
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 11:32 AM

sailor, HMS "Sovereign"
Group Icon

Nathanial laughed at Sebastien’s words. Indeed, Gerard was successful in keeping his hide intact, and this was exactly what he was needed for.

He needed no excuse for the life he was living; Sebastien didn’t need to be part of the Navy in order to understand how things were there. He had heard enough to know that a sailor’s life wasn’t the most lucrative ever. He returned the wink and the grin.

”I’m looking forward to it,” he said, enthusiastically hugging Sebastien and kissing his both cheeks at the thought of being a part of rebuilding ”Le Serpent” and all its following adventures.

The stories about the stars intrigued him.

”I think you have told me something when I was twelve. But I don’t remember all. Just the queen Cassiopeia, more beautiful than ever.”

A determined hand took the bottle from Sebastien’s grip and Nathanial tasted the rhum again, warming up his stomach. It felt so well to be on the sea shore, swapping stories and drinks and bonding with his best friend.
pm   
^
Sebastien Durand
 Posted: Jul 18 2017, 10:04 PM

Sebastien was enjoying the carefree moment with Nathanial. His life had been sorely missing this since coming to the Caribbean. It was still hard to believe his good fortune as of late. Part of him wanted to question it. Things weren't usually going his way, he quashed that voice for the time being. Maybe he'd done his time and things were due to look up for him? He could spend all night worrying about the implications or he could just let loose and enjoy the moment, screw what the future held. He did love seeing that exuberance in Nathanial. The kid had been through his own tough ordeals and Sebastien found himself quite proud at how strong he was. ”It will be a great adventure restoring that old heap back to her former glory.”

He smiled when Nathanial said he remembered a story at least from when they had met years before. It was actually one of his sister's favorites too. She had learned it from her lover and told it to him one night while they were on watch. They had both been so young then. He could almost recall the night he told this to a young Nathanial. Seeing his eyes so bright and full of a yearning for adventure. Did he ever look like that? Maybe but it was long ago as well.

"Ah yes, the Queen Cassiopeia, forever bound to her throne in torment for angering Poseidon." He traced the constellations as he spoke, glancing over to Nathanial from time to time. "She was once the Queen of Ethiopia, wife to King Cepheus, but she was boastful saying her and her daughter Andromeda were more beautiful than the sea-nymphs. This boast greatly angered Poseidon, ruling god of the sea, no one was more beautiful than his treasured nymphs. How dare this mortal make such claims! In his anger he sent his great sea monster Cetus to destroy her kingdom." He paused to take a sip of rum before continuing with the story.

"The King and Queen consulted a wise old oracle who said the only way to save their country was to sacrifice their beloved daughter Andromeda to the monster. It broke their hearts but they chained their daughter to a rock and left her as a sacrifice. Just when things looked dire for the young maiden the great hero Perseus swept in and killed the monster, saving Andromeda and becoming her husband. Poseidon was not satisfied and as punishment he tied Cassiopeia to her throne among the stars. She spends half of her time upside down as part of her punishment for angering the gods."

Sebastien took another sip of rum to wet his throat after having told that story and then turned to look at Nathanial laying next to him. He was definitely warmed from the rum, he could see the flush in his cheeks surely mirrored in his own. It was a missed sensation to be happy and especially content when drunk. For so long he had used his drinking to hide, now he was using it to celebrate. Perhaps it was the alcohol breaking down his barriers, maybe the memories making the air heavier with the charge of emotions, the magic said to be in the air on this night, he'd never be able to say but whatever it was made his mood shift. Whereas before he had been watching Nathanial with a playful mood of someone reconnecting with their best friend, there was now something different emerging.

”Nathanial...” When those green eyes met his it was as if lightning struck and a moment of clarity that had been waiting for it's chance came bursting through. He knew in that moment that nothing for him would ever be the same. He turned onto his side and propped his head up with one arm. ”I...” Taking a deep breath and resisting the urge to grab the rum bottle he pressed on. It all made so much sense to him now, his fascination with green eyes, why it felt as though some part of him couldn’t stop searching. Nathanial was that missing piece. There was so much he suddenly wanted to, no needed to say but all he could do was what happened next. His free hand came up and brushed Nathanial's cheek before resting there and he leaned in and kissed him.
pm   email   
^
Nathanial Bretagne
 Posted: Jul 23 2017, 09:27 PM

sailor, HMS "Sovereign"
Group Icon

Nathanial was dreaming together with his friend about bringing The Sea Serpent back to life. It would be indeed an adventure, one to accomplish together, as both of them had known the ship's old self as well. Actually, in three, as Sabelline was with them now too. He listened again to the old stories of the stars, remembering the first time he had heard them, at twelve. Old love stories… Angering the higher up and getting punished, was nothing new in this world, ever since. He had got his share of punishments too – not even for such a noble ideal. The latest happened just because he was Rowan Bloodworth's gunner's mate… and because he was known as Sebastien's… arr… Gerard's cousin.

He had reached for the rhum bottle when Sebastien called him, but he stopped while it seemed that Sebastien was trying to tell him something. And the sudden kiss was mesmerizing, despite Sebastien's lips being burnt by the sun and salty breeze of the Caribbean. The moment they touched sent shivers through his nerves, making his body tremble. He moved his lips over Sebastien's, in a soft brushing, almost not willing to actually end it.

It wasn't exactly Nathanial's first kiss, but it could have been. Did stealing a kiss from a girl one May Day in Liverpool a couple of years ago count, especially that it had happened as a dare after having lost a bet to his crewmates? That had ended after a few seconds, and the girl he had danced with before hadn't minded. Did his heart beat as loudly then too? He couldn't remember. Most likely not. There hadn't been either the globe of fire which now seemed to have found its place inside him, spreading softly its light. Was Sebastien the answer to all Nathanial's questions? He seemed to be.

"Oui, Sebastien, je t'aime aussi," he whispered.

It made sense. Friendship was wingless love. Now the wings were spreading too.
pm   
^
Sebastien Durand
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 09:02 AM

Sebastien let out a soft breath at those words. He had worried when he first pressed his lips to Nathanial's that he might be in err and jeopardize their friendship, but first the responding kiss and now the whispered response to his own unspoken declaration of deeper affections. He pulled the younger man closer and rested their foreheads together. He hadn't opened his eyes yet, knowing the moment he looked back into those green eyes he'd be lost and not get out what he needed to say. This was too important, he had to say it. He took a deep breath and resisted the urge to lick his lips before he spoke up.

”I think now it's always been you but I wasn't allowed to see it. We were both too young, not ready, so my mind hid deep what I felt for you. Green eyes have been my undoing for years now, my heart's cry against what my mind had done. Perhaps what is said about this night is true, that there is magic in the air, or I've just had enough rum at the right time.” He chuckled at the last. His amorous nature while drunk had gotten him into at least a few situations he wasn't keen to admit to just yet. Unable to stop himself, and truly not wanting to, he stole another kiss, just a quick brush of lips before he pulled back and opened his eyes.

”Do you remember the night we first met, truly met? You were so innocent, yet there was a bravery about you. You may not have seen it as much but the kindness you showed me that night, by bringing me food and calming company, was more than I had ever gotten from anyone who wasn't blood kin. I don't even recall the name of that horrid ship anymore, the only thing left is this vision of green eyes full of fire and wonder that brought me out of hell.” That moment had sent forth many ripples and shaped both of their paths. Had it all been leading to this moment? Was this where the ripples were to meet? He did know something for sure though. ”This is going to make it so much harder for me to let you go back.”
pm   email   
^
Nathanial Bretagne
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 01:44 PM

sailor, HMS "Sovereign"
Group Icon

Sebastien confirmed with more words, that he had loved Nathanial from the beginning, just that he wasn’t allowed to see it. It felt so well, forehead to forehead, as if their thoughts could simply flow from a mind to another, without needing any words.

”I think I can say the same, Sebastien. I had wondered sometimes why my crewmates had fallen in love at sixteen, seventeen or eighteen, but I hadn’t. Why they had interest in having relationships with women even if they weren’t in love. I had never got those preoccupations. Even when they had dared me to kiss a girl, two years ago, I accomplished the dare, stole a kiss and followed my path, without even having wished for more. Now I understand – how could I, when you have always been in my mind and in my heart?”

His voice broke a little when remembering another incident:

My crewmates were also teasing me, when the ship… brought Sabelline to Port de Paix, that I have fallen in love with her, and that she was a bit too old for me. They couldn’t know what exactly I was seeing in her – your sister, and our companion of the short time we had spent all together more than seven years ago. It has been you I loved all the time… just I couldn’t understand it. Saint John took pity of us, in revealing it to us tonight. Rhum might just have helped us understand quicker.”

Another quick kiss followed, making his heart beat stronger, almost suffocating him. He forgot that he wanted a swill of that bottle. Sebastien’s eyes, Sebastien’s lips were more intoxicating than any drink.

”I don’t know exactly what attracted me to you, what I liked the most then. But I have no blood kin to regret. So... you have been, ever since, my… everything. And we will part just to get reunited again, do you remember your promise?”

They will get together again, and never part. Just that the FOREVER part can’t happen tonight…
pm   
^
Sebastien Durand
 Posted: Aug 4 2017, 02:00 AM

Nathanial's words continued to soothe him into realizing he had read the signs true and hadn’t acted in a way that was unwanted. Which was good, he would not have been able to forgive himself had he jeopardized the friendship he valued so very much. A friendship that was now changing quite dramatically. He didn't miss the emotion in the younger man's voice as he spoke of Sabelline and he understood quickly. He had gotten quite emotional at seeing her in those dirty prison rags as well. So weak, so broken. It must have been as much of a terrible shock to Nathanial as it had been to him. There was no way to prepare for that.

Sebastien stroked his face soothingly, then settling onto his back again he encouraged Nathanial to move into his arms so he could hold him. There was something else which had caught his attention and he was wrestling with how to address it. "My promise holds even more true now than it did before and that's saying something. Perhaps now there is even more urgency than ever. I want to know where this will go, spend nights like this one just laying on the beach and holding you. Erase all of your pain and guilt with kisses." He gave a soft chuckle. "Rum does indeed have a way of loosening the tongue, bringing down walls, for good or ill. Tonight I would say it was a good thing."

He did finally grab one of the bottles again and take just enough to enjoy the taste and keep his words flowing smoothly. He had to ask, he couldn't keep the question in any longer and he figured making it a playful tease would make it easier to voice. "You make it sound as though stealing a kiss on a dare is all you have ever done. Surely a strapping young sailor like yourself has left his share of broken hearts in ports of call.” The tease would seem innocent enough he hoped. It wasn't from jealousy, such would be beyond hypocritical of him, it was more he had to know for his own reasons. It sounded like Nathanial was still innocent and if that was the case it put something forward that Sebastien would have to consider.
pm   email   
^
Nathanial Bretagne
 Posted: Aug 5 2017, 12:12 AM

sailor, HMS "Sovereign"
Group Icon

Nathanial followed quickly Sebastien, nestling into his arms and feeling safer there than he had ever felt. But his words half reassured him, half confused him.

"Yes, I want to remain with you forever, as soon as it is wise to attempt it. I have no idea where this will go, but I am here in your arms and it is nowhere else I wish to be. And I can feel already that your kisses do erase pain and everything."

He didn't want anymore the bottle Sebastien was claiming. For him, now, being in Sebastien's arms was inebriating enough. And he reacted quickly to the tease:

"If there had been any broken hearts, I have no idea. I can say that I haven't loved anyone, and I haven't even been interested in flirting, beyond a good natured joke or two."

He was innocent, and he couldn't imagine that any girls that had happened to cross his path in ports had looked at him as much as to get the wrong idea and be heartbroken that he hadn't paid her attention. Things like this happened in stories and songs only!

"But you are different," he said, seeking his lips again.
pm   
^
Sebastien Durand
 Posted: Aug 5 2017, 06:18 PM

It was quite remarkable, given how much rum was addling his thoughts, how quickly Sebastien put two and two together and came up with virgin. Well that did decidedly change things. "We will figure it out. When the time is right the opportunity will present itself. No matter how much we want to rush it, if we do that we risk doing it wrong. The break has to look natural, clean. It'll happen when it's supposed to, until then you know where to find me now when you have shore leave and you can send letters to me here as well." Any trips to Kingston would have to be put off for awhile since Gerard was somewhat made for a pirate it sounded.

He grinned at Nathanial taking the initiative that time to kiss him. Was he really so different? It wouldn't be the first time he'd been told that. He had always found himself to be like his uncle. The man had been his role model when he was shaping his personality. He'd also often been the tempering voice of reason with Sebastien's father, a role Sebastien had found himself in with Sabelline prior to her incarceration. He stroked Nathanial's face and hair and smiled at him. "I'm different am I? It seems you mean that in a good way so I will take it as high praise indeed.”

Sebastien let his head fall back to the sand and he let out a sigh. This was the most content his soul had been in years. Nathanial was there in his arms, Sabelline safely tucked into her bed back at the Elixir under the trusted and watchful eyes of Maribel and her staff. The sounds of celebration up the beach were still going strong, a few had filtered away but there was still a crackling bonfire and much singing and dancing going on. What more could he really ask for? He gave his own silent thanks to Saint John. If there really was magic this night it deserved to know he appreciated what it was doing.

”Just because we are lovers now does not mean I will take it easy on you when we go swimming in the morning.” He returned his gaze to Nathanial with a rather impish grin.
pm   email   
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Completed | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  LockedNew TopicNew Poll

Credits. This skin was made by MORU specifically for BEFORE THE MAST and rethemed by MASCHA.
Listed At:
RPG-D RPG Initiative Distant Fantasies RPGfix Forum Roleplay: Roleplay resources catering to play-by-post forum gamers and communities a team resource & community site Candyland Couture RP Junction: a RPG directory