Peace with Spain was signed in February 1720. In late April its news arrived to the West Indies, so all the Navies got allied against the common foe – pirates, making their trade more difficult to survive. Which side are you on?
Be ye a pirate, a naval officer, a slave or a lady, you will find a place aboard one of our four ships or live on a paradise island. Men aboard any ship are strongly recommended as first characters, and civilians as secondary ones. No more female sailors are allowed.
We are not the usual sandboxy RPG, neither a narrative-driven one, but a story-focused writing community where each actively writing character can make a difference and an impact on the overall plot. We are writing collaboratively a coherent story with many sideplots aside of it. We also have guides to help you with the time setting, and are more influenced by historical events rather than following them by the history books!
This website looks best in Chrome and Internet Explorer. Firefox may distort some images.
Port de Paix dwellers
The inhabitants of Port de Paix
, a French colony, are now busy with celebrating Saint Jean d'Ete
and a wedding
among the highest nobility. Time for everyone who happens to be in Port de Paix to know them better… and to add your personal flavour to the holiday!
[IMG*]post image here and remove the asterisk. Don’t stretch the page.[/IMG]
- the name should match the nationality and the time period
Some useful links:
- English given names
- Irish first names
- Irish given and family names
- Welsh names
- French names
- Provensal names
- Spanish surnames
- Catalan names
- Portuguese and Galician names
- Dutch namesAliases:
– most seamen had one; for other people diminutives go here; if the pirates don’t tell their real name, this is the place to mention the name they are known with (while above it is their name at birth)Age and birthday: Gender: Rank/ Occupation: Current Location:
- what port they live in now or what ship do they sail onCharacter PB:
- the model you use for your avatar and signatureGeneral appearance:
- at least one paragraph, including hair colour, eye colour, build, if of average height, short or taller than average, scars if any. (No tattoos, please! In 1719 they weren't known in that part of the world yet, unless your character is a Native American with tribal marks, or a slave directly taken from Africa, not born in slavery.)
When thinking about people's height, please take into account that people were shorter in those times. A 180 cm, which isn't big thing for us now, would seem unusually tall then. If unsure, mention only: average height, or below average, or above average.Clothing:
- at least one paragraph, keep it time-appropriate and character type-appropriate please.
Some helpful links:
- for sailors and pirates
- for commoner women
(click on the several layers of clothes)
- for commoner men
(click on the several layers of clothes)
- fashion for men and women
- men's fashion
- men and women's fashion
- at least two paragraphs, including likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses which make sense for the given character’s personality. (Strengths might not necessarily be personality aspects, but also useful skills, or what helps your character succeed in life. Weaknesses are aspects which have an important negative impact on your character’s life.)
Some helpful links and hints are here
. Birth place: Family: Father
– spouse, children, anybody else
- at least 4 paragraphsWeapon Skills:
- a civilian might have none, especially a woman; but for pirates, privateers and Navy, they are a must. Anything else: Here goes what else you want to tell us about your character. The theme song reflecting his personality (or the one which lyrics are quoted in the signature) goes here too
. Member InfoPlayer's name: E-mail, YIM, etc.: Player's age: How did you hear about us:
- Yes, I am advertising and I am interested what functions best!
"Goals change a vague dream into a plan of action. Clearly stated goals are the step between what you want and what you get. But goals dependent entirely on the actions of others are destructive."
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
. This skin was made by MORU
specifically for BEFORE THE MAST
and rethemed by MASCHA